STATEMENT OF MERIT CRITERIA
- Previous work and or volunteer experience with a community organization or non-profit.
- Experience working with volunteer board and/or non-profit organization
- Experience recruiting, scheduling and managing volunteers
Skills and Qualifications
- Self-direction and organizational skills
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer skills (Excel, Word, Email, social media) and access to a computer
- Reliable and consistent access to a vehicle
- Certified in first aid and CPR or commitment to acquire.
- Interest and passion for farmers’ markets and understanding of local agriculture
- Connections with the local community
- Knowledge of/Willingness to learn about the various rules and regulations affecting farmers’ markets and sales of food
- Discreet and diplomatic and co-operative nature: You will be working with many different folks: the board, the vendors, and the public
- Ability to set up tables, tents and signage
- Endurance to walk the market during market hours
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.